- Normal entry criterion for this degree is University entrance
- Entrance to the Degree for those who are not registered Nurse must also demonstrate fitness as a registered Nurse.
- Fluency in English language, writing, reading, speaking and comprehension.
- Registered nurses may enter directly into the 4th year if they meet the following criteria:
- A practicing registered nurse(RN) with a minimum of 2 years post registration practice plus one of the following;
- Hold a level 6 diploma of Nursing in SICHE or equivalent or
- Holds a certificate of nursing plus has completed an in-service diploma, a bridging programme or equivalent course or
- Has completed another 3 year nursing programme plus has completed an in-service diploma, a bridging programme or equivalent course.
- Registered Nurse from outside Solomon Islands enrolment must provide evidence of the appropriate nursing registration and practicing certificate for the country from which they come from and academic evidence as 2. (1– 4).
Title: Bachelor of Nursing – Child Health
Duration: 1 year
Core Units: 8 Units
Total Credit Points: 120
|Unit Code||Unit Title||Prerequisites||Semester offered||Credit Points|
|BNC761||Introduction to Child Health||1||15|
|BNC762||Infant & Child Normal Growth & Development||1||15|
|BNC781||Research & Evidence Based Practice||1||15|
|BNC741||Child Health Nursing Practice 1||1||15|
|BNC731||Community Child Health Nursing||BNC762||2||15|
|BNC732||Leadership & Management for Nurses||2||15|
|BNC742||Child Health Nursing Practice 2||2||15|