The Office of Research is mandated to conduct research, provide support to research activities across the various Schools, Faculties and Departments, and co-ordinate research activities.
To promote a culture of knowledge, the Office of Research:
- Collaborates with the research community to create a culture of research
- Advocates for the SINU research community
- Strategically invests in promising research and researchers
- Creates integrated services, transparent research administration, infrastructure, policies and procedures
- Broadens awareness of the value of SINU research
- Develops strong relationships with sponsors
- Enhances the ability to perform research in a global community
- Supports strong infrastructure for interdisciplinary research
- Negotiates contract terms with funders as well as collaborating agreements with other educational institutions and public sector collaborators.
- Provides training to University staff, students and officers of various public and private institutions across the country.
- Promotes shared responsibility, ethical conduct of research, and compliance
SINU Talks is an Open Lecturer series which is free and open for all. The aim is to offer a programme that will inform, stimulate, entertain and excite debate on different topics in the Solomon Islands. SINU Talks intends to involve scholars and experts as well as lecturers and students of different areas in an accessible 1 and a half-hour format. A thirty-minute question and answer period will follow an hour presentation.